The union of husband and wife in heart, body, and mind is intended by God for their mutual joy; for the help and comfort given to one another in prosperity and adversity; and nurturing one another in the knowledge and love of the Lord.
All of us at Community Bible Church of Central Point would like to congratulate you on your upcoming wedding and wish you God's blessings in your marriage and your future together. We want to thank you for considering using our staff and facilities for your special day and we will do our best to make it as wonderful and memorable as we are able.
In order to help things go well we are giving you a copy of our Wedding Policy. This should answer most of your questions about having your wedding at Community Bible Church and help you to plan your ceremony and reception. Once you have filled out an application, our Wedding Coordinator will contact you to set up an appointment to answer all your questions and plan out your special day.
THE WEDDING POLICY
- We believe weddings are a sacred occasion, ordained by God, and all activities associated with the wedding must be in keeping with the biblical, spiritual and sacred nature of the occasion. If needed, we reserve the right to choose not to participate in your wedding.
- In order to have your wedding ceremony at Community Bible Church, the bride and/or the groom should have a strong connection to Community Bible Church.
- To arrange to have your wedding at CBC, you will need to meet with a CBC Pastor. The Pastor will oversee all parts of the wedding held at Community Bible Church including the arranging of a Wedding Coordinator. The Pastor is the point of contact and liaison for all decisions regarding your wedding at CBC.
- The marriage ceremony is to be officiated by a member of our Pastoral staff or by a person approved of by the Pastoral staff.
- In holding with the sacred nature of the event, we require pre-marriage counseling of the couple, to be given or approved of by the person officiating the ceremony.
- Our sound technicians will set up and remove any sound equipment on the stage. Please do not touch this equipment without speaking with the technician.
- Alcohol and smoking are prohibited on the church property at all times.
- We do not allow the throwing of rice or bird seed, the use of bubbles, or dancing as part of the wedding ceremony or the reception on church property.
- All rooms used must be returned to the condition in which they were found.
- Our staff will set up/take down all tables, chairs and other church provided equipment.
- You are responsible for providing and setting up all decorations. All decorations and their placement are subject to approval from the Pastor or the Wedding Coordinator.
Dates & Times
- All dates and times are subject to approval by Community Bible Church. Arrange the dates and times for your rehearsal, wedding and reception through the Pastor.
- Our facilities are very busy through the entire week so the planning of your event will include when you can decorate, when to have the rehearsal, when pictures can be taken, when people can arrive, what parts of our facility can be used, and when you must be finished and out of the facility. The Pastor will explain these to you and how they affect your wedding. Please respect these times and facility limitations.
- We have Saturday evening services. If you desire a Saturday wedding, you must be completed with the ceremony, reception, pictures, clean up and completely out of the building by 4:00pm
- If you wish to have your reception on site and plan on serving a meal, your ceremony can begin no later than 11:00am
- If you wish to have a simple reception on site (no meal), your ceremony can begin no later than 1:00pm
- If you are planning on having your reception off site, your ceremony can begin no later than 2:00pm. Note: you will need to arrange to have people stay for cleanup prior to their leaving for the reception. Do not plan to have people leave then return for cleanup. Make sure this is all arranged and approved by the Pastor.
Ceremony & Reception
- A wedding ceremony is made up of many small elements. The different elements must be discussed with and approved by the Pastor and the Wedding Coordinator.
- Flowers are the responsibility of the wedding party. We may be able to store your flowers on site up to 48 hours prior to the ceremony. Check with the Pastor or Wedding Coordinator about this possibility.
- If you wish to have music as part of your ceremony or reception, your music selection needs to be discussed with the Pastor and be fitting for a church setting.
- If you use our sound system, you must use a church sound technician.
- You may use an outside DJ and the sound system they bring.
- We do not allow dancing at CBC
- If you wish to have food and beverages you must provide staff to serve and clean up the reception.
- We will have kitchen staff to help but they will not be there to facilitate the reception.
- You must provide all food, beverages, cups, plates, etc. Talk with the Pastor or Wedding Coordinator to see what we are able to provide.
- Food must be cooked/prepared off site. Warming and final preparations may be permitted with prior approval.
Fees & Expenses
There is a flat fee for the ceremony of $600
The Wedding Ceremony fee covers:
- Pastor (including counseling)
- Wedding Coordinator
- Sound Technician
- Building Use and Custodial Care
The fee depends on the type of reception you desire and the number of guest you plan to invite (more or less than 100 people)
Less than 100 More than 100
- No Meal $175 $225
- Meal $375 $450